Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time to Sleep

It's 2 am... I'm afraid if I sleep now, I won't wake up in the morning. If I sleep even later, I won't even wake up at noon.
There's so little one can do after mid-night if one's locked inside his or her house... I'm not locked, I can go down for a walk if I wanted to. But the damn rains won't let me >.<

I remember when I went to Carter Road at 4am and took a nice, long, refreshing walk. I can't wait till the monsoon season ends. Everything will be so green and cool. Ah the Mumbai winters are beautiful too! Just the right amount of chill in the breeze.

And my terrace! Winter nights on my terrace is almost divine. Sitting on top on the swing staring at absolutely nothing sipping on some hot tea and occasionally playing the acoustic guitar.
Its amazing how the simplest of chords can bring out the most peaceful vibes.
A 'G major' to a 'C major' up to a 'D major' and to an 'E minor' and an occasional 'A major' to add some flavour... What heaven.

To add to the positive energies of the night, imagine a close friend sitting next to you. Going on and on discussing any topic that comes up. Wow. I can feel it right now.
Such nights are very rare, and we need to seize it.

I wonder if anyone will ever read this post.
This blog will continue to exist even after I'm long dead... Maybe, just maybe, my great grand son will stumble upon this blog someday and read it. Hmm you never know...

Zephan just got me out of my reverie... Wow his barks are loud! And if Zephan barks, Lucy HAS to butt in. Silly girl. But she's the cutest thing I've ever seen. One has to see her to believe me.

Anyway, I guess I'll go to bed now. I'm still not sleepy though.
Should I work on my Sociology essay?
Nah, my brain's too dead for that...
So then what?
Music?
Well yeah sure, but I've been listening to it all day.
Can't play the guitar or piano either, Mummy and Daddy will wake up.
We don't want that now do we?
No, we don't.
Just because I have a holiday doesn't mean i should stay up so late. I need to wake up!
Well yeah, but I don't think I'll fall asleep before 3 anyway even if I rest my head on the pillow.
But what if Lucy and Zephan come up and cuddle next to me?
Yeah that's the life.
But they're dirty. And beginning to smell funny thanks to the rain. Can't even give them a bath. They won't dry fast enough in this weather...

Okay... I'm going to put an image down just so that this post isn't a waste of time for the reader.
The image is nothing related to the post... I just feel like putting it here because it is so awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I read your post Meher Baba! Long live Napoleon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i agree, your terrace is AMAZING.
    we need to do one of those nights on your terrace, with some chai, the guitar, and us jamming and talking. ^_^
    lucy and zephan are the shit, also. love those kids. don't forget sundae please. my husband to be. *steals and runs* *gets clawed* *cries* *puts back*

    ReplyDelete