Friday, October 12, 2012

Street Lamps on Cobblestone Streets

Yesterday I decided to go out for a walk in the evening, around 4 pm.
Something got into me and I ended up wearing kurta-pajama. Funny, I didn't know I owned this kurta pajama. The kurta was dark maroon and black and the pajama was black. It came with a black stole that I put around my neck.

I walked out of my door barefoot into the courtyard of my castle. Square stone tiles formed a generous pathway across the wet grass of the small garden. To my right, I heard the laughter of voices I recognised.

I walked towards the laughter. I noticed a strange blend of several friends I've had over the past two decades of my life. A few friends from Delhi, a few friends from Pune, a few friends from Mumbai.
It felt like an unusual form of a re-union meant only for me.
But funny thing, we all knew each other.
All of us dressed in our best ethnic clothes.

The evening was bright, vibrant and colourful and the music was cheerful and uplifting.  We were all dancing on the cold white marble floor, barefoot and free.

No one spoke a word. The laughter penetrated our hearts. And the feeling was beautiful.

Night took over and the marble floor became even colder. We jumped onto the wet carpet of grass and soaked in the pure energy of the earth.

The white castle lit up with subtle hues of green, blue and purple. The music grew louder and reverberated across the courtyard.

The surrounding wooden fence around the castle set itself free from the earth and started floating toward the sky. The fence transformed into hypnotic aurora lights with shades of green, white and blue. The lights made their way back to the palace grounds creating a fence of dancing lights. What a sight that was. Magical, almost like a dream.
We stared in awe as a dark blue and purple butterfly sat on a friend's nose and immediately burst into tiny fragments of bright green and blue lights. The sparks of the butterfly flew high above us and turned into fireflies.

No one spoke a word. The light penetrated our hearts. And the feeling was beautiful.



2 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
    white marble tile

    ReplyDelete