Sunday, November 21, 2010

Darkest Night

Today I felt anger, like I've never felt before.
Real anger.
The kind of anger that gives you gory and bloody images in your head.
The kind of anger that makes you want to kill. And by killing I mean literally stabbing someone thirty times till the thirst for mutilating someone has been quenched.
The kind of anger that actually makes you enjoy all this insanity...

I slept today at 3:30 am after doing my last bit of economics. I fell asleep instantly...

Slowly, for some god forsaken reason, I started getting this strange nightmare. I was standing in the middle of a major war. There were guns, there were bombs, and people were dying.

I woke up.

There were LOUD firecrackers being burst very close to my place. And they just weren't stopping. 
I checked the time... It was 5.
It didn't occur to me that time that I had only slept for 1 and a half hours.

Thanks to the crackers, Zephan and Lucy got freaked out and started barking. And when they bark at something like this, there's no stopping them.

Within seconds [while the dynamite crackers were still bursting] I could hear these men singing on microphones. :/
And the singing just became louder and louder.
The crackers continued to burst.
The dogs continues to bark.

It was here that I felt like going on my killing spree.
I was getting gory visuals of me stabbing one of the kids who was bursting the crackers.
And I was enjoying it. 

I guess now I understand the logic behind insomniacs becoming murderers.


I'm just glad I don't own a gun...

Anyway, after precisely seven minutes, I managed to get up from my bed and go to the balcony to see what the heck was bringing out this devil in me.
Mom was there.
I looked down.
It was a parade.
Mom told me, it was Guru Nanak's birthday and that they were celebrating Guru Poornima.

Ironically, I couldn't find the full moon thanks to all the pollution those lovely crackers had caused.

So I saw about a thousand Sardars running around, dancing and enjoying themselves.
And suddenly, all that anger in me subsided and I started to smile.

It was a strangely beautiful sight.

The crackers finally stopped.
The dogs finally hushed.

It was 6 now. I made tea for Mom and Dad and myself... We spoke for a while and I saw the sun rise.

(:

7 comments:

  1. ooo.. Damn, wish you had a gun :(



    ^ does it say 'This post has been removed by the author' ? [previous comment] or only I can read it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice dude...i liked the ending especially...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arjun are you serious? rambling BABOON? :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black Desire! said...
    This post has been removed by the author.
    ^
    yes it can be seen by all... i'll remove that comment :P

    thanks guys (:

    and no, im glad i dont have a gun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude I love how black the humour here is. I mean.. that kind of humour is just hard to categorise but you got it so right over here!
    I hate firecrackers >.< SO much pollution.
    And I hate how scared my cats get due to them. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (: thanks!

    yea cats! im scared of going near sundae when these crackers burst. he tends to get over defensive and starts to scratch :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. sundae is a mean bitch anyway. :/ hmph.
    but i will still marry him.

    ReplyDelete