Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Drown with me

I-Doser mp3. Thank you whoever for creating this.
Imagine Pink Floyd's Interstellar Overdrive only without anything instruments or effects. Just one single sound that's constantly ringing in your ears for half an hour.
It goes Up and Down. Left and Right. In Circles. Clockwise. Anti-Clockwise. Louder. Softer. Faster. Slower. But it doesn't stop.
It's unusual at first. You're expecting some sort of melody to take over. But it doesn't
Plain. White. Noise.
That's all there is to it.
15 minutes into it I realised I was high. I called up a friend as soon as I realised this.
I'm high right now.
I'm typing.
?
I reached such a state while listening to it that I told myself, 'Forget music. This is the future.'
I even convinced myself it was true.
Until I started listening to Porcupine Tree.
I'm listening to it while I type.
Music.
I'm out of words to describe the kind of high I'm getting right now.
Music has never tasted sweeter.

I read somewhere, The mind is the most beautiful thing to lose.
This is the best way to do so.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite track! Drown with me! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing.
    nothing can give you a better high than pure music.
    PS - ditto. Drown with Me is like one of my favourite Porcupine Tree songs. literally gives me chills everytime i listen to it, and i think of rainy, stormy nights and rickshaw rides, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete