Friday, September 7, 2012

What a Wonderful World


I was walking home last night from a place really far away. It was after midnight and it was beginning to drizzle. There was no body around for a long time.
In the distance I saw a patrol officer dressed in white standing next to his bike which shared the same colour as his uniform. I, very hesitantly, walked up to him and asked him if he could give me a ride home.
The officer gave me a kind, hospitable smile.
He very sweetly handed over the keys to his bike to me and told me, in his pleasant baritone, that I could take his bike home.
His response came to me as quite an unusual, unexpected and suspicious surprise.

It's funny how terribly conditioned we are in this world that when someone does something bad to you, you say you expected it. But when someone does something incredibly nice for you, you refuse to believe and accept it.

I had never ridden a bike before, but the energy around was so positive that I couldn't refuse his strange offer. He seemed so sure of himself that I accepted the keys, sat on his bike and started riding.
Riding the bike wasn't so hard.

I had a smile on my face the whole ride home.



No comments:

Post a Comment